Solved

BAS - Recommended frequency for assessments

• 17 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would like to know if there is a recommended frequency for each module in the BAS.
For the Immediate Threats module I think the best option is to configure cymulate so that it performs the assessment whenever there is a new threat.
For the other modules I have no idea.

icon

Best answer by Shiraz 18 October 2023, 20:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Choosing the right testing frequency for each BAS module depends on your specific organization needs.

Two key factors to consider 

1. Change Management Policy: If your organization makes frequent changes, more testing may be needed to ensure ongoing security.

2. Security Team: Who is going to mitigate Cymulate findings and maintain your Security controls. Is there a different team for each area? Are they able to make policy changes frequently ?

3. Also, we notify our users when new content is released via our Release Notes. Staying updated on these releases is recommended to ensure you are aware of the latest features and security enhancements

We can testify that testing frequency varies from customer to customer, reflecting the unique security postures and operational demands of different organizations.

In general, it's a good practice to start with testing when changes are made or new security product are added.

You can also set scheduled assessments to enable automated BAS testing.