Solved

Phishing campaign issue

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

when i create a phishing campaign and launch it i don’t receive an email however the campaign report tells me it was sent but was not opened? wondered if there is a delay built into the campaign? 

also is it possible to add customer payloads to attachments? for example a Cobalt Strike customised Beacon payload. 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by renier_steyn 16 January 2024, 14:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It is possible that your email gateway blocked it,
We can double check from our side, please provide me with an attack id.

(you can DM me here, or email me at Idant@cymulate.com

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Assesment ID 65a54e721c7d6979dadf9597

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Steve, I have asked customer success to contact you regarding the email not received to investigate the issue. Regarding the addition of Cobalt strike as an attachment, this feature is currently not supported, the attachments in phishing are used primarily to detect the user action.   

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Steve_Eyre 

As ​​​@idant  mentioned, this sounds like your email control may have stopped the email before it reached the intended mailbox.

Please review the requirements for the Phishing module here.
https://app.cymulate.com/cym/sso/document360?redirect=/docs/cymulate-pre-requirements#phishing-awareness-requirements

Also, I would recommend that you reach out to support@cymulate.com. This will ensure your query is tracked and appropriately addressed from a technical perspective.